Watermelon detox juice
- 1 small watermelon cubed (~ 4 cups)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
Whiz up on high in your blender. Serve frothy over ice or room temp. Cheers!
- Watermelon to hydrate
- Lemon to detoxify
- Turmeric to reduce inflammation
In addition to hosting the #SFYMindfulMay challenge I am also participating by committing to:
- Starting my day with a morning detox juice, such as this watermelon detox juice
- Drinking at least 60 oz. of liquids per day, which will consist mostly of water
- Bring more yoga philosophy into my yoga teaching and yoga practice
- Shoulder healing and love
- Reconnecting to my inner photographer by taking daily photos with my Nikon D7000 (my blog posts will be taken with my D7000 instead of my iPhone) and I want to find my slides from Nepal, digitize them and share those online #PrayforNepal
This is the first instagram challenge I have hosted and I’m excited to be part of a challenge that lets the participants choose what they would like to focus on for the next 21 days. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE yoga challenges but, I felt like I wanted to put energy into some specific goals which would nurture my soul and detox my body. There are so many things I could actually commit to such as going gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, etc. etc. Although I may still bring those dietary goals into my next twenty-one days I decided to narrow it down to “just” four goals. “Focus” is after all one of my challenges too!
Thank you for participating! Join anytime! It doesn’t matter if you haven’t started on day one with us. Just follow me on Instagram @spirituallyfityoga then in each post tag @spirituallyfityoga and #SFYMindfulMay.
Cheers! (hear me *clink* my detox juice to you!)