Seven years ago I attended a yoga retreat where I set an intention to manifest my dream. After being led through a process of inquiry and, making a declaration in the present tense, I simply wrote “I am a yoga teacher.” Four days after my retreat I was invited to sub a yoga class, although I had not yet started my yoga teacher training (I was a certified fitness instructor.) It didn’t matter, I taught anyway, rocked the class, and I began my path as a yoga teacher. Was that coincidence? Abolutely not! There is power in putting out energy for what you want, and what I asked for was a “job” which allowed me to connect to my sacred path and support others in walking in their sacred footsteps. Duh! Yoga!
My teaching path has led me more towards the spiritual aspect of yoga, through the physicality of flowing and holding yoga poses (asana.) When I teach from my heart, and see my students, I sense I am in my greatest flow when I connect to why I really teach: I teach because I care. I believe in namaste: May all beings be free of suffering. I’ve experienced my share of suffering, and in life, suffering happens…shit happens. Yoga, meditation, and rewiring my brain has taught me to sift through the crap and go with the flow. I speak to this often in my classes and craft workshops dedicated to releasing self-limiting beliefs and choosing and generating an experience of ease. In this moment, in this chapter of my life, I feel called to spread the news that contentment, joy, laughter and love are possible and there is a way out of the muck of depression, anxiety, and despair. I KNOW this to be true. I’ve been there and I do the work to choose the path of least resistance instead of my old pattern of wallowing in the muck. And, now I’m equipped with tools to pull me out of the muck although I just don’t go there as often anymore. Nonetheless, my tools are at the ready, like a best friend throwing me a life-line if I notice I’ve dipped my toe into old, familiar yuk. Get the fuck out of the yuk.
Last Saturday’s Create Your Sacred Life On Purpose workshop was all about sharing those tools. The participants did the work to release the old, energize the new, and left with tools to notice the yuk, choose the clear path, play big and manifest their heart’s desires! To witness transformation in my students leaves me feeling like I’m on the right track…I’m spreading namaste and leading my sacred life on purpose! Yes!
Some reviews left by my amazing students:
I love Amelia’s flow classes! She makes it challenging and fun and when I’m done I feel relaxed but energized. Her spiritual guidance during classes opens up new ways of thinking for me. I appreciate her so much!
Amelia’s the Best!
Amelia is an excellent teacher. Very upbeat, friendly, knowledgeable and caring. She is an inspiration as she is so healthy and strong.
Excellent, knowledgeable, professional
I know Amelia, as she has taught me yoga from many aspects..physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Not only does she have a grand grasp of the physicality of yoga and the body, but she’s very spiritual herself, thus weaves spirit into her teaching seamlessly. She’s trained in a strong style of Baron Baptiste and continues to study and teach with enthusiasm. Her latest workshop in 2017 was fabulous and effective! I highly recommend Amelia!
Practicing with Amelia has made me a better yoga student and more importantly, a yogi in tune with her soul and truth. I’m so grateful to have her as a guide along my path, making sure I have the tools to keep my compass pointing true.
Stay tuned for my next workshop.
Spread your love and light!
Namaste. May all beings be happy and free. May all beings be without suffering.
- Monday (7:45-8:15am) Greenbrook Kids Yoga Club in the MPR (for Greenbrook K-5 students and their parents/siblings only)
- Monday (8:25-9:15am) 45 minute Adult yoga at Greenbrook in the MPR (all-levels class open to the public)
- Tuesday (5:30-6:45pm) Moving into Flow – Yoga for Strength and Presence (aka Baptiste Journey into Power) – The Yoga Fusion in San Ramon
- Thursday (5:00-6:00pm) Hot Power Yoga (subbing this week)– Baptiste Yoga San Francisco
- Friday (9:30-10:30am) Hot Power Yoga – Baptiste Yoga San Francisco
- Friday (12-1:00pm) Hot Power Yoga – Baptiste Yoga San Francisco
Private yoga and reiki sessions with me also available.
Join my meetup group! http://www.meetup.com/Spiritually-Fit-Yoga-Meetup/
- As of November 10th I am no longer teaching the Thursday NOON Slow Flow and Deep Stretch class at The Yoga Fusion.
- November 11th Happy Veteran’s Day! I will be on vacation and will have amazing subs teaching my Friday 9:30am and NOON classes at Baptiste Yoga San Francisco.
- Greenbrook Kids’ Yoga Club is in full swing every Monday at 7:45-8:15am.
- Adult gentle yoga classes at Greenbrook Elementary School just started this week! Class time: 8:25-9:15am. As of November 7th all donations are going towards the cost of the Greenbrook Kids’ Yoga Club yoga mats. After we have reached our balance, the cost of this class will be $7.00. For more information about yoga classes at Greenbrook Elementary School please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Saturday October 29th 8:30-9:30am – “Yoga for a Cause” with me at Athleta in Walnut Creek
I’m guest teaching at Athleta in Walnut Creek this Saturday October 29th to support National Breast Cancer Month. This class free with an optional donation to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Join me for this fun, empowering community Baptiste yoga class.
Athleta 1272 Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek
Sunday October 30th 9:30-10:30am – “Sunday Yoga” with me at Lululemon Walnut Creek
I’m guest teaching at Lululemon in Walnut Creek this Saturday October 29th to support National Breast Cancer Month. This class free with an optional donation to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Join me for this fun, empowering community Baptiste yoga class.
Lululemon 1210 Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek
Sunday October 16th 10:15-11:30am
FREE GIRLS YOGA CLASS at Ivivva in the Walnut Creek Broadway Plaza
135 Broadway Lane Walnut Creek, CA
Join me during this FREE girls yoga class at the ivviva store at Broadway Plaza in Walnut Creek. This fun and challenging class is recommended for girls ages 6 and up. Parents are welcome to participate. After you sign a waiver you may drop your girl off for this 45 minute class 10:15-11:30am. Mats are limited so please BYO mat. Class starts at 10:15 so please plan accordingly to have your yogi on her mat on time. I look forward to seeing you on your mat! Namaste…Amelia