- How Africa Yoga Project transformed the life of a young single mother in Nairobi, Kenya. Spiritually Fit with Wanji Eliam
- Steady and Joyful. Spiritually Fit with Paige Elenson
- Kiss the Ground. A movie review and meditation with mantra: Plant a seed. Heal our soils. Heal our planet. Heal ourselves.
- Grounding. Lessons from a yoga teacher and farmer serving veterans. Spiritually Fit with Amy Andrews!
- Hypnobirthing - a special meditation for mamas to be!
- How yoga cultivated courage to do hard things and be true to herself. Spiritually Fit with Pilar Caso!
- 10 minute Yoga when you feel too busy or too tired to get to your mat - dedicated to health care workers and fire fighters
- Permission to Pause
- Yoga Nidra inspired by a "Life of Miracles" by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Do bees smell fear? Stories + 11 min. meditation: shift from fear to a calm, directed state of mind.
Tag Archives: instagram challenge
Such a pleasure to teach festival yoga this past weekend at the Juan de Fuca Foundation of the Arts Festival again. And, coming HOME to Port Angeles? Oh…so good for my soul. xoxoxo Namaste… – Yogamama Meels
Yes, I got funny looks at the Oakland Airport, and my daughter was embarrassed but, I did it anyway. And, damn it felt good. Thanks to my hubby for being my fearless and generous photographer. BTW – AFTER I took … Continue reading
One of the easiest ways to bring more attention and time to your home practice is dedicating a space for yoga and meditation. Choose a space big enough for your yoga mat, a meditation cushion, maybe some props and an … Continue reading
I’ve recently been teaching to more and more beginner yogis and I love when I ask them to smile during their struggle and their intense, scrunched up faces break into a laugh. There’s focus on breath (Prana), gaze (drishti) and … Continue reading
It’s yoga practice, not yoga perfection. Before my car accident almost two years ago I was FINALLY making progress in wheel. It was always a challenge for me but, I was finally finding freedom and ease in this pose. THEN…just … Continue reading
Inspired by the inversions workshop I took yesterday with Patrick Beach and Carling Nicole, I worked on handstands today. In this pic it’s obvious I need to work on my core but, my initial focus is just to get my … Continue reading
Day Fourteen SFY Mindful May Challenge – #discovery Art of Inversions workshop with Patrick Beach and Carling Nicole (You and the Mat – Piedmont, Oakland, CA)
Discovered that I still have fears of getting upside down, especially in a class or workshop setting. My body is strong and capable but, my ego seeks perfection and hates embarrassment and failure. I thought I was done with worrying … Continue reading
Day Thirteen SFY Mindful May Challenge – #balance Warrior III with eagle arms (Marin Headlands, Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, CA)
Day 12 #SFYMindfulMay #upperback – If you’re experiencing stiffness or pain in your shoulders in yoga poses such as child’s pose (#balasana) or downward dog (#adhomukhasvanasana), in addition to opening your shoulders with the poses with straps I posted earlier, … Continue reading
Day 11 #SFYMindfulMay #pleasure – during today’s yin yoga class I spoke about being mindful of pleasure. I love that Christiane Northrup, MD professes that “Pleasure is a vital nutrient.” Where we place our attention and awareness, we increase our … Continue reading