- How Africa Yoga Project transformed the life of a young single mother in Nairobi, Kenya. Spiritually Fit with Wanji Eliam
- Steady and Joyful. Spiritually Fit with Paige Elenson
- Kiss the Ground. A movie review and meditation with mantra: Plant a seed. Heal our soils. Heal our planet. Heal ourselves.
- Grounding. Lessons from a yoga teacher and farmer serving veterans. Spiritually Fit with Amy Andrews!
- Hypnobirthing - a special meditation for mamas to be!
- How yoga cultivated courage to do hard things and be true to herself. Spiritually Fit with Pilar Caso!
- 10 minute Yoga when you feel too busy or too tired to get to your mat - dedicated to health care workers and fire fighters
- Permission to Pause
- Yoga Nidra inspired by a "Life of Miracles" by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Do bees smell fear? Stories + 11 min. meditation: shift from fear to a calm, directed state of mind.
Tag Archives: photography
It’s yoga practice, not yoga perfection. Before my car accident almost two years ago I was FINALLY making progress in wheel. It was always a challenge for me but, I was finally finding freedom and ease in this pose. THEN…just … Continue reading
Inspired by the inversions workshop I took yesterday with Patrick Beach and Carling Nicole, I worked on handstands today. In this pic it’s obvious I need to work on my core but, my initial focus is just to get my … Continue reading
Day Fourteen SFY Mindful May Challenge – #discovery Art of Inversions workshop with Patrick Beach and Carling Nicole (You and the Mat – Piedmont, Oakland, CA)
Discovered that I still have fears of getting upside down, especially in a class or workshop setting. My body is strong and capable but, my ego seeks perfection and hates embarrassment and failure. I thought I was done with worrying … Continue reading
Day Thirteen SFY Mindful May Challenge – #balance Warrior III with eagle arms (Marin Headlands, Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, CA)
Day 12 #SFYMindfulMay #upperback – If you’re experiencing stiffness or pain in your shoulders in yoga poses such as child’s pose (#balasana) or downward dog (#adhomukhasvanasana), in addition to opening your shoulders with the poses with straps I posted earlier, … Continue reading
Day 10 – On your knees with a cushion, or sitting in a chair, start holding a strap wider than your shoulders above your head, reach up from your tailbone with a long spine and neutral pelvis, then lean to … Continue reading
Day 9 – Start standing in prasarita, wide-legged foward fold, and clasp your hands behind your back or grab a strap, gently pulling the strap apart about shoulder width. Breathe your heart open, shoulders down, root down into your tadasana … Continue reading
To be a mother is the greatest gift and most challenging job of my life. Today I was celebrated by family and friends but, there is no greater joy or privilege than that of raising my beautiful daughter. I am … Continue reading
“Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.” – Eckhart Tolle
Day 5 – grab a strap, gently pulling the strap apart to create some tension as you bring the strap behind your back. Breathe through the sticky spots as you stretch through your shoulder joints. Softly engage your core and … Continue reading