- How Africa Yoga Project transformed the life of a young single mother in Nairobi, Kenya. Spiritually Fit with Wanji Eliam
- Steady and Joyful. Spiritually Fit with Paige Elenson
- Kiss the Ground. A movie review and meditation with mantra: Plant a seed. Heal our soils. Heal our planet. Heal ourselves.
- Grounding. Lessons from a yoga teacher and farmer serving veterans. Spiritually Fit with Amy Andrews!
- Hypnobirthing - a special meditation for mamas to be!
- How yoga cultivated courage to do hard things and be true to herself. Spiritually Fit with Pilar Caso!
- 10 minute Yoga when you feel too busy or too tired to get to your mat - dedicated to health care workers and fire fighters
- Permission to Pause
- Yoga Nidra inspired by a "Life of Miracles" by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Do bees smell fear? Stories + 11 min. meditation: shift from fear to a calm, directed state of mind.
Tag Archives: shoulder opener
Yes, I got funny looks at the Oakland Airport, and my daughter was embarrassed but, I did it anyway. And, damn it felt good. Thanks to my hubby for being my fearless and generous photographer. BTW – AFTER I took … Continue reading
Day Thirteen SFY Mindful May Challenge – #balance Warrior III with eagle arms (Marin Headlands, Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, CA)
Day 12 #SFYMindfulMay #upperback – If you’re experiencing stiffness or pain in your shoulders in yoga poses such as child’s pose (#balasana) or downward dog (#adhomukhasvanasana), in addition to opening your shoulders with the poses with straps I posted earlier, … Continue reading
Day 10 – On your knees with a cushion, or sitting in a chair, start holding a strap wider than your shoulders above your head, reach up from your tailbone with a long spine and neutral pelvis, then lean to … Continue reading
Day 9 – Start standing in prasarita, wide-legged foward fold, and clasp your hands behind your back or grab a strap, gently pulling the strap apart about shoulder width. Breathe your heart open, shoulders down, root down into your tadasana … Continue reading
Day 5 – grab a strap, gently pulling the strap apart to create some tension as you bring the strap behind your back. Breathe through the sticky spots as you stretch through your shoulder joints. Softly engage your core and … Continue reading