Click here for my latest yoga video on my YouTube Channel. No downward dogs in this yoga class. Move and breathe slowly, release tension in the neck, shoulders, hips, legs…the whole body. For this class grab your yoga mat and as an option, a blanket. Enjoy!
Join me this week on my Spiritually Fit Yoga podcast for a daily 5-minute Meditation for Beginners. Day 1 of 7 published today, today’s theme is OBSERVE. Click here to view all the episodes of my podcast.
Click here for my podcast. Subscribe to my podcast. Leave me feedback with a rating and review to help me create content that works for you!
Spring Equinox, the perfect time to plant seeds of intention. I was blessed to gather in a group of powerful feminine energy yesterday and today, as I led my first hybrid in person and zoom retreat! We moved, breathed, released, set declarations and literally burned shit. After energetically weeding and pruning, we created a clear space to set our intentions and visualized our dreams manifested in the present moment.
Add in the collective energy of feminine power and calling in our ancestors…that’s a potent recipe for divine igniting of our intentions!
This hybrid women’s retreat was a manifestation of an intention I planted last year. To offer a retreat during Covid-times. Small social-distance gathering outdoors AND virtual zoom retreat. Never done it before, but, I’d offered several in person retreats and zoom workshops, and I teach hybrid outdoor/zoom classes on my deck. How much harder could a 5 hour retreat be?
- Rain – Day One – it almost felt like summer here in the Bay Area but, on day one of my retreat…rain.
- Jackhammer – Day Two – aaahh, sun came out, my yoga deck was gorgeous and ready for my goddesses. “thud thud thud thud thud!” On this Saturday, of all days, my neighbor was having their pool resurfaced and that jarring noise was going to happen ALL DAY!
- Technology – And, managing various students new to zoom, attending to their audio and video questions.
- Assistant – nope, didn’t have one. I had a recurring thought “Note to self: I don’t have to run this all by myself. It’s okay to ask for help.”
There “seemed” to be obstacles which could have swayed me to cancel and when I kept my sights on what is possible, my determination, resourcefulness, and dogged determination, stayed the course with a “the show must go on!” attitude. Was it harder to implement than expected? Oh, hell yes! And, my practice of equanimity on the mat, and asking for support, shifted my mindset from feeling impossible to possible. 🙏🏽🦋
Anything is possible with intention, focus, intuition and showing up as a badass goddess warrior! And, all these challenges just made me more resilient and confident in my ability to pivot and handling each curveball like a pro. Was it perfect? Maybe not and, it was￼ amazing and my intentions were manifested! Did I offer a spring women’s yoga retreat? YES! Was it empowering, fun, abuzz with feminine power, and impactful? YES! Mission accomplished!! 🙏🏽💓💥
Oracle Cards from the Work Your Light deck by Rebecca Campbell.
These were the Oracle cards which we pulled this weekend. Powerful inquiry questions and Transmission message.
“Have you answered your deepest calling?”
“Where do you need to establish better boundaries?”
“What are you clinging on to?”
“Double mission: Channeling and uplifting humanity.”
I’d seen the first three inquiry questions before, and the Transmission card with the double mission, was new to me. It answered my question about being of service as a teacher and energy healer. Gave me goosebumps when I pulled the card.
“What is your mission in life? What if you plant your seeds of intention aligned with your higher purpose?”
Allowing time for self-inquiry and intention leaves me feeling grateful and blessed. 🙏🏽💓
🙏🏽 And, thanks to Praveena Chinthaluri for being our amazing guest Pilates goddess instructor and igniting our power center! We may be feeling our abs and asses on fire tomorrow!! 🤣💪🏾🔥
💞 When women gather together, powerful shit happens! #makeshithappen Let’s do it again soon!!!
🌸Happy Spring Equinox!🌸
It feels like the morning struggles again, with life on daylight savings time requesting I wake up before my natural time clock. I thought I was loving my mornings then just that one hour earlier reminded me how I used to resist waking up and wanting to press snooze. Raise your hand if you can relate! 🙋🏽♀️
So what did I do? I woke up!! To break a habit it starts with noticing, catching yourself in the familiar thoughts and physical reactions. Then choose…go down that same road or switch it up, change the channel, do something different!
My Spiritually Fit Yoga circle on the Insight Timer app hosts weekday meditations and yoga, Monday-Friday 730am PST and 930pm PST. I queued up I AM Affirmations for Vibrant Health by Kenneth Soares and kept my commitment to meditate at 730am PST.
Stick to new morning meditation habit: 1
Snooze and grumble OLD habit: 0
I confess, the temptation was strong, to press that snooze button, and right now I really need my daily routine. It means a lot to me to commit to my self-care, to my mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Setting the tone of my day with affirmations, and ending my evenings with gratitude, are my medicine. Especially with the isolation of this last year, my mind has had too much time to indulge in doubts and fears.
Mindfulness, yoga, remembering to serve a highest good…they keep me going, in equanimity, and are my preventative measures against self-sabotage.
Meditation can lead you into the light of awareness.
I AM AWAKE. I AM AWARE. I CHOOSE TODAY.
Life is the great teacher. What lesson are you being asked to learn today? What is trying to get your attention right now?
Opportunities to WAKE UP!! Click here to check out my full yoga schedule!
Yoga Highlights this week!!
Monday 4-530pm PST FREE 90 min. Master class with my teacher, Baron Baptiste!! Journey into Power, led by the founder of Baptiste Yoga. Book your spot here!
Spring Women’s Yoga Retreat – Awaken Your Feminine Power is this weekend!! In person spots are full and I am opening up virtual spots. Added discounts when paying with Venmo or Paypal and if you bring friends. Email me if interested in a discounted virtual spot! 😊
Latest Podcast Episode: Guided Meditation for Rest and Deep Sleep
🙏🏽💚 CHOOSE, pay attention, keep going.💚🙏🏽
The humanity in me honors the humanity in you.
🙏🏽 💞🦋 Amelia Andaleon
(Looking for my class schedule? Click here)
Join me for this Women’s Spring Yoga Retreat to AWAKEN YOUR FEMININE POWER!
This virtual yoga retreat allows you to join in from the convenience of your home, or maybe a getaway to carve out more time for self-care! Book your spot here!
This 5 hour retreat is offered over TWO DAYS:
- March 19th FRIDAY 6-8pm PST Welcome, Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Reiki, Journaling
- March 20th SATURDAY 9am-12pm PST Welcome back! Pilates, Inquiry, Vinyasa, Creativity Exercise, Blessing
Your Passionate, Awakened Yoga Instructors!
This yoga retreat will be led by me, Amelia Andaleon, Certified Baptiste Vinyasa instructor, Certified Yin Yoga Instructor, Reiki 2 Practitioner, Meditation and Yoga Nidra Teacher. More about me on my About page.
I’m excited to collaborate with my guest teacher, friend, and beautiful goddess, Praveena Chinthaluri, Certified Pilates Instructor, who will lead us through an empowering Pilates class!
About Praveena Chinathaluri: Praveena is very passionate and an avid practitioner of pilates and yoga. She is a certified 500 hour Comprehensive Pilates Instructor with Balanced Body. She is also a registered 200 hr yoga alliance teacher, a certified Yoga Tune Up® Instructor and certified restorative yoga teacher. Her philosophy towards teaching pilates and yoga is to pay attention to alignment and form, technique and breath work that help students develop a deep understanding of their bodies and movement patterns. She believes in providing a safe space for students to explore and strengthen their mind and bodies.
http://yogawithpraveena.com, Instagram: @yogaandpilateswithpraveena
Invest in yourself and your self-care!
One benefit of virtual yoga retreats is the affordability!
- $50 for both days! Book your spot here! Scroll down to March 19th and you will see my offering
- SAVE! Pay via Venmo or PayPal to get these DISCOUNTS:
- $45 for one person
- Bring one friend, $45 for your friend, $25 for YOU!
- Bring two friends, $40 for your two friends, FREE for YOU! Email me to get these discounts!
- VETERANS – If you listened to my latest podcast episode, “Invite a Veteran to Yoga – It Could Save Their Life.” I offered to women veterans to take my virtual yoga retreat for FREE. Click here to email me and I will gift you a spot in this virtual yoga retreat. My only request: Please show up and commit to yourself this 5 hours of self-care.
I believe in supporting and empowering ALL women. For those of you who can pay, yes, please pay. There is a power in energy exchanges and an increased accountability when you express your value and appreciation for something through payments. It enables me to provide my offerings and boosts my personal power when I receive your expressions of gratitude. Thank you!
AND…If finances seem challenging right now, PLEASE reach out to me and I will work with you. If you feel like you need this retreat right now, I want you to experience it. No judgment. No questions asked. I am here to empower you. Email me at amelia (at) spirituallyfityoga.com.
I am SO EXCITED to offer this women’s yoga retreat! This will be an amazing 5 hours for you dedicate time for self-care and energize what you wish to bring forth and manifest in your life! Blessings, Amelia Andaleon
(Looking for my class schedule? Click here)
Today’s episode coincides with National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, which is very important to my podcast guest today, Heather Viniar.
The goal of National Eating Disorders Awareness Week (#NEDAwareness) is to shine the spotlight on eating disorders by educating the public, spreading a message of hope, and putting lifesaving resources into the hands of those in need.
Here is the photo and video referenced in the episode about pulling from the Oracle Card deck:
About Heather Viniar
Heather is a Spiritual + Intuitive Coach, and is the owner of Heather Viniar Coaching & Wellness. She works with and supports women who desire a deeper soul connection by healing past experiences and owning their authentic voice. She’s a firm believer that, as humans, we have the ability to transform experiences of the past into our soul purpose and divine future, and is completely inspired by the growth and empowerment that she’s witnessed clients develop.
Heather is also a Tier 3: 1200-hour Certified Baptiste Influencer and a 500-ERYT through the Yoga Alliance. Her favorite part about yoga is that it’s not just a practice that works, it’s a practice that matters. She utilizes her yoga/mindfulness background and fitness/nutrition background so she can truly cater to and support clients with individual desires, holistically.
Heather is committed to opening up a world of possibility. She is passionate about working with teens, Eating Disorder treatment centers and women’s shelters to awaken empowerment in those communities. When Heather’s not working or on her mat, she loves beach walks, looking or seashells, sunsets, photography, paddle-boarding, traveling, playing (aka-snuggling) with her 2 dogs, and spending time with her family.
Connect with her on Instagram @heatherviniaryoga, and come join to learn Heather’s 3 biggest secrets to setting energetic boundaries . When? Thursday February 25, 2021 from 6-7pm EST. Head over to heatherviniar.com to sign up. Can’t make the workshop live? No problem! Sign up, and the recording will be sent to you after!
Book at http://baptistepoweryogasf.com or using the app.
Saturday morning Baptiste Power Vinyasa on the Presidio Green in San Francisco! Join me this Saturday at 930am! Then stay for the gorgeous views of the bay and Golden Gate Bridge from the pristine Presidio grounds and Crissy Beach.
I recently posted a video and recipe making homemade almond milk. Here’s the link. And, follow me on Instagram! 🥰
Here’s what I made with the leftover almond pulp…YUM! Healthy CAN be tasty!! I love that there was no waste after making my almond milk!! These gluten-free bars passed the adult and kiddo taste test!! This recipe is vegan and dairy-free.
Note: Because I personally used a mix of mini vegan dark chocolate chips, and melted regular semi-sweet chocolate chips on top, my version is not technically vegan because of the butter in the chocolate chips. The chocolate topping is optional but, I also found that adding a thick smear of melted chocolate helped keep these bars intact and offered a pleasant crunch/snap. Slice your bars first THEN slather or drizzle with chocolate.
Below is the ingredient list and partial recipe. Click here to view the additional notes and full recipe.
The most delicious Chocolate Chip Granola Bars made from leftover almond pulp! Or you can just use blanched almond flour if you prefer. These are full of flavor, are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and oil-free and only 8 ingredients! SO much better than store-bought!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Servings: 8 bars Author: Brandi Doming
• 1 cup (107g) almond pulp or 1 cup (112g) blanched almond flour
• 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons( 200g) pure maple syrup, room temperature (or agave)
• 1/4 cup (32g) ground flaxseed
• 1 cup (100g) gluten-free whole rolled oats, NOT quick oats
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1/2 cup (120g) mini dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
• 1/2 cup (128g) creamy roasted almond butter
• 2 teaspoons (10g) vanilla extract
• Before following the recipe, if you are using homemade almond pulp, make sure you have squeezed out the excess moisture out really well, from preparing the almond milk. Papertowel dry it and store in the fridge overnight, as this helps to dry it out some. You do not need a dehydrator or to bake it to dry it out, but you also don’t want it too wet or to use it immediately after making your almond milk, because it could make the bars too wet.
• Preheat an oven to 350 degrees and line a 9X5 loaf pan with parchment paper hanging over the sides for easy removal later. Do you use a different size or bigger pan, otherwise the bars will be too thin and not bind well or hold their shape. They are meant to be thick bars like in the photos.
• Mix the syrup and flaxseed in a cup well with a fork and set aside for 10 minutes to gel up. Do not skip this step, as it is what acts as the “egg” and binds the bars to hold their shape.
• In a large bowl, combine the almond pulp (or almond flour), oats, cinnamon and salt and whisk well. Stir in the chocolate chips. I prefer mini because they disburse well and stay in tact better.
• After the 10 minutes is up for the syrup and flaxseed mixture, stir in the almond butter and vanilla until very smooth. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir for a couple of minutes until very sticky and absorbed, pressing with the back of your spoon to help mix.
• Add the dough to the loaf pan and spread out evenly and flat with a rubber spatula. You can slightly dampen your fingers to help press it down around the edges, as it will be sticky.
• For dough using almond pulp, bake for 30-32 minutes until very golden brown and firm on top. For dough using almond flour, bake about 27-30 minutes until very golden brown and firm on top.
• Cool 1 hour before cutting, or they will fall apart. They firm up a lot as they cool. If desired, melt some chocolate chips and drizzle the tops for added sweetness or for presentation purposes. Honestly, they are plenty delicious without it, I just did it more for looks. Slice very carefully into 8 bars. Wrap each individually in plastic wrap and store in the fridge. They will hold their shape very well this way and it makes for an easy grab-and-go snack!
It’s Day 35/40 of following “40 Days to Personal Revolution” by Baron Baptiste! This week’s theme is TRIUMPH and for our final week we are requested to practice 90 minutes a day.
SCHEDULE CHANGE 5-630pm:
For this week my Monday Feb 15th Baptiste Power Vinyasa and Wednesday Feb 17th Deep Flow zoom classes will move to 5pm and will be 90 minutes long. Book your spot here.
After you register you will receive a zoom link 15 minutes before class.
To receive notifications about my virtual zoom and outdoor classes (soon to resume) follow me here: https://app.ubindi.com/Amelia.Andaleon
Click here for the full episode. 25 minute meditation to get centered, grounded and relax body and mind.
This meditation was recorded for Week 5 of “40 Days to Personal Revolution” by Baron Baptiste. This week’s theme is CENTERING.